A beautiful landscape of heights and scenery
Switzerland is a dreamland of the majority of the people of all around the globe. During the whole year, Switzerland offers its visitors a different scenario, a different atmosphere, which is sometimes suitable for several adventurous activities. So, the kind of activities you want to experience will decide the best time for you to visit the country. However, visiting Switzerland in June will be an excellent time for an individual to visit the land of extreme cleanliness and hospitality.
Lets walk through the places you can visit in Swiss Alps
1. The Alpine region of Switzerland, which is usually known as the Swiss Alps, representing a significant natural fauna of the country and the Swiss portion of the Jura Mountains and the Swiss Plateau. Dufourspitze 4,634 m, the Dom 4,545 m, the Liskamm 4,527 m, the Weisshorn 4,506 m, and the Matterhorn 4,478 m are almost among all the highest mountains of the Alps.
2. The area, which is called the Central Alps, includes both Western Alps and the Eastern Alps. The northern Alps ranges from the Bernese Alps to the Appenzell Alps are entirely located in Switzerland. At the same time, the Southern Alps are shared with some of the other countries such as France, Italy, Austria, and Liechtenstein and has a range from the Mont Blanc massif to the Bernina massif.
3. These Alps contain some of the most beautiful cities embedded with unique flora and fauna, the farmlands, pure water rivers, lakes, adventurous bridge walks, and some of the cities always covered with snow. Saas-Fee, Randa, Arosa, Andermatt, Ascona, etc., are some of the cities located in the Alps. Switzerland and the Swiss Alps has a wide variety of transport network.
4. Every mountain village is connected to the public transport network either by bus, funicular, cable cars, or usually a combination. If you are using the roadways services, dont forget to use the Redbus coupons, making the journey economical. The major companies which integrate with the public transport network are- Swiss Federal Railways, Rhaetian Railway, Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn, Golden Pass Line, PostBus PostAuto, CarPostal, AutoPostale, Auto da Posta.
Travel time, trains and Airports
1. The journey through various mountain regions takes about 1 to 3 hours from Switzerlands main cities and their respective airport. The Bernina Express and the Glacier Express are prevalent trains among tourists, as it takes about 3 to 6 hours to complete the journey. It runs from various large cities to Engadine in Graubünden. The panoramic view from the trains is what make these trains special ones. At an altitude of 1,704 meters, Europes highest airport is Engadin Airport near St. Moritz.
2. The interconnection of the Alps has improved a lot due to industrialization in Switzerland. However, it is still an issue at national and international levels because, at places, the continent is divided by the range. The interconnection of the Alps has various tunnels due to the mountain range. There are many tunnels on the way while traveling through the Alps, and it has one of the longest tunnels in the world, which is about 57.1 km long, known as Gotthard Base Tunnel, which is opened in 2016 and provides a direct flat rail link through the various Alps.
Hotels in Swiss Alps
The Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel is a five star rated hotel with excellent hospitality and cleanliness. This hotels main catch is that each room in the hotel comes with a unique view of the city. The hotels location is very close to the Swiss National Museum and the Zurich Opera House; thus, it provides you with the perfect evening activities. Various other hotels also provide excellent hospitality and cleanliness. These include Hotel Storchen, Radisson Blu Hotel, Four Seasons Hotel Des Bergues, etc. But before engaging in the booking of the hotel, flights, trains, or any public transport, do not forget to use Goomo coupons, which can provide a discount on the original price.
Rivers in Swiss Alps
The rivers in the Swiss Alps have a north side and south side. The north side is drained by Rhône, Rhine, and Inn Danube basin, and the south side is drained by Ticino Po basin. The rivers on both sides get empties into various seas. The north side of the Alps empties in the Mediterranean, North and Black Sea while the south side empties in the Adriatic Sea. Piz Lunghin, Witenwassernstock, and Monte Forcola are the major triple watersheds located inside the country. There is a European Watershed between Piz and Witenwassernstock, which separates the Atlantic and the Mediterranean Sea basin. Switzerland is referred to as the "water tower of Europe" as it possesses 6% of Europes freshwater.
Lakes in Swiss Alps
In alpine regions, some of the highest dams are located, many lakes in the mountains are artificial and are used for hydroelectric reservoirs. Artificial lakes are at a higher altitude than the natural one because of power purposes, so it also becomes a tourist attraction at such a high foot. They are usually at a height of 2,300 meters, while natural lakes can be found below 1000 meters.
There are various other adventurous activities or must-do things in the Swiss Alps which includes:
1. Tandem Paragliding Experience from Interlaken.
2. Heidiland and Liechtenstein Tour from Zurich: Two Countries in One Day.
3. Jungfraujoch Top of Europe: Day Trip from Zurich.
4. Schilthorn: Piz Gloria Ticket.
5. Architectural Walk of Lugano.
6. Pub Crawl Interlaken.
7. Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour from Milan.
There are popular snow activities performed at various places in the Alps, mainly in every village according to their habitat. Some major sporting activities includes- Skiing.
Snowboarding, Snow sled-biking, downhill snow Mountain Biking, Downhill snow-mobile as well as snow-mobile tours and rides.
This place is heavenly gorgeous and the soothing scenery is what intrigues the tourists the most. Right from the availability of playing various sports to enjoying the beauty of those stunning Swiss peaks, it has made Switzerland and Swiss Alps and all in one destination for all kinds of people.